Hello & Welcome - Merhabalar sayfamiz Hosgeldiniz


A rather accurate Ottoman wife representation of myself.
 Except for the maid. I'd rather love an assistant thinking about it.

Hello dearest readers! 

Welcome to 'Turk Wife Life', a blog dedicated to journaling what life is like being married to my Turkish husband, providing insight into cultural styles, traditions, language, cuisine, history, horticulture and art.

My name is Lucy and I am from Kent, England. I am a mother to three, and hold a BA Hons Degree in English Literature and Creative Writing and am an English Language teacher. 

I enjoy reading, creative writing, crochet, cooking and history. 

So, enough about me. I bet you're wondering why I've started a blog all because I am married to someone born from another country, it's highly common to see interracial marriages these days. Well, the main reason for beginning this blog is because I love to write! Being married to someone who is from across the globe you learn a lot about the world and what it has to offer, and what a better way to practice writing prose than to write about those dearest to me, about the passions I enjoy in life and what I have learned so far in my 27 years of walking the earth. 

I plan to publish weekly posts that will hopefully be funny, interesting, factual and educational all about a 'Turk Wife Life'. 

Did you hear that?! Somone just shouted, "Hadi kalk kari cay koy!"* ... If you know, you know!

*(Hurry woman stand up and pour the tea!).



Lucy Caglar

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Pilav

Tea Talk